27 Jul Hiring a Professional Window Cleaning Service: Is it Worth it?
You shouldn’t neglect cleaning your windows in your home cleaning regimen. When clean, they bring natural light into your home and make it a more inviting, pleasant place to live. Unfortunately, many people do not have the time or equipment needed to clean their windows properly. Luckily, professional window cleaning is widely available for those who lack the time, equipment, or inclination to clean windows on their own.
Window cleaning is a janitorial service that many people can conceivably do themselves. However, there are also several factors that may encourage someone to hire a professional window cleaning company instead.
You may be asking yourself: Would hiring professional window cleaners provide benefits that I wouldn’t get by cleaning the windows myself?
In fact, getting your windows professionally washed offers a few perks that you most likely wouldn’t get by doing the job yourself.
Factors to Consider Before Hiring a Professional Window Cleaning Service
Window Height & Size
- Are your windows easy to reach or will cleaning them require a ladder? Floor-to-ceiling window cleaning may pose greater difficulty than standard windows. For that reason, you may want to entrust professionals with the task.
- Can your budget allow for the cost of hiring professional window cleaners? The cost of this service varies depending on the cleaning company and the size of your windows. Some companies use estimating software to provide you a quote before they arrive at your doorstep.
- If you’re going to clean your windows on your own, you’ll need to have plenty of time to spare. Professional window cleaners are typically clean faster than the average person, so you will have sparkling windows without sacrificing hours of your precious time.
Quality of the Windows
- Good window pros can recognize common window issues that you may not even realize you have. Damage, rot, poorly fitted screens, functionality issues, and panels that have been painted shut pose a safety hazard if left untreated. These issues will also become more expensive to fix over time, so it’s beneficial to have a professional check your windows periodically.
- Having your windows washed by a cleaning business will ensure that the proper tools and products are used. Professionals know the right products to use for the type of windows in your home and will avoid chemicals that will harm delicate windows.
- If you have insects between panels in your windows or shutters, the safest option is to hire a professional cleaner. They can handle the nest and remove the insects properly, without causing a further issue.
Spending some time on your windows each year will enable them to stay in good condition. Hiring a professional home cleaning service to do the job will improve your windows because they recognize important issues, use the proper cleaning products, and clean hard-to-reach areas.
Although you can clean your windows yourself, you’ll miss out on the many perks that hiring a professional window cleaning service will bring.